CHOOSING THE RIGHT SPECIALTY CHIROPRACTIC PILLOW
Specialty Chiropractic Pillows
Specialty pillows come in various forms. To choose the best option for your condition or sleeping habit, consider your most common sleeping position, the amount of elevation you prefer, the level of support or firmness works best for you, and material preference beforehand. To get you started on a specific type of orthopedic pillow, learn more about the different types of specialty pillows and their associated benefits.
To find a specialty pillow for your needs, browse through our specialty support pillows at ScripHessco.
TYPES OF CHIROPRACTIC SPECIALTY PILLOWS
If you use a CPAP machine for sleep apnea therapy, then a specialty CPAP pillow is exactly what you need. This pillow features a dimple and cutouts to comfortably accommodate the mask and hose. CPAP pillows are available in different textures, sizes, and shapes.
Benefits of Using a CPAP Pillow:
- A mask can cause a lot of pressure on your face. Use a CPAP pillow to help reduce the pressure.
- A CPAP pillow can improve your airway and spine alignment.
- It helps you support the head and neck.
- It prevents the mask from shifting as you change your sleeping position.
- You can have a stiff neck, side, or back when using a CPAP machine. To avoid this, consider using a CPAP pillow to help with your position at night.
- Using a CPAP pillow will maximize the CPAC machine's performance.
Cervical Traction Pillows
The cervical pillows have an anatomical shape, supporting your head and neck. Using this pillow makes your neck, back muscle group, and shoulders comfortable. When traveling, consider packing cervical pillows so that you can either use them behind your head or while you lie down.
Benefits of Using Cervical Pillows:
- The pillow gives a mild traction effect when you lie down.
- They provide the right alignment of the spinal cord.
- Pillow helps people with cervical spondylosis reduce neck pain symptoms.
- If you like to sleep on the back, side, or stomach, this pillow offers comfort.
- The pillows help restore cervical posture.
- This pillow helps you in the healing process if you suffer from neck injuries.
Wedge pillows are triangular pillows that help you lift your head and torso. The pillow can be of great help during the cold and fluid seasons. You must consider the cost, the material, and the support when shopping for a wedge pillow.
Benefits of Using Coil Pillows:
- The pillow helps raise the head and reduces snoring.
- If you have an allergy, flu, or cold, you may have congestion that causes difficult breathing conditions. A wedge pillow raises your head and reduces congestion.
- The pillow helps to reduce acid reflux.
- It helps to lower shoulder pressure and headaches.
A body pillow is a narrow and long pillow that helps support the torso, both your upper arms, and your legs. Use the pillow to prop up your leg while sleeping on the side. This pillow has various shapes and fills. If you suffer from back pain, you're pregnant, or you sleep on your side, then consider getting a body pillow.
Benefits of Using Body Pillows:
- The pillow helps relieve pain from the neck, back, shoulder or hip.
- It aids in the circulation of the blood.
- It helps provide proper spinal alignment for both side and stomach sleepers.
- You can use the pillow to sleep on your side in order to reduce snoring.
- It helps to relieve joint pressure.