Back massagers promote blood circulation and help to relax stiff muscles. They are designed for the lower and upper back as well as the neck. The massagers also have varying intensities, heat options, and vibration levels. Therefore, making up your mind might be overwhelming. That is why we have compiled this list of the top back massagers offered by ScripHessco.
Best Back Massagers for Pain Relief:
- Jeanie Rub® Variable Speed Massager
- Magic Wand® Original - HV-260
- TheraTherm Electric Moist Heating Pads with Digital Controls
- Thumper® Mini Pro Massager Electric Powered Massager
- 10-Motor Massage Seat Cushion with Heat
- G5 TherAssist Percussion Massager with Stand
- EarthLite® Ellora™ Vista Electric Tilt Massage Table
For more detailed information on these products’ features and benefits, continue reading for the full buyer’s guide.
The Jeanie Rub® Variable Speed Massager is among the best body massagers for both professional and home use. You can use it when you are recovering from injuries or when you want to maintain muscle health. The product increases blood flow to all body parts, consequently relieving you from any back pain and ache.
If you want a portable back massager, the Jeanie Rub® Electric Massager is what you need. You can also enjoy massages at any intensity since it allows you to increase speed for deep sensations. However, when using the massager, you should start at the lowest rate and then build your way up. This gives your body time to adjust and makes it so you'll more likely know what to expect before settling on the intensity you are most comfortable with.
The device uses orbital actions that send satisfying vibrations to your muscles. The product's body is made of an aluminum body with a black and red powder coat. Therefore, you can keep the product for prolonged periods. The massager has a permanently oiled ball bearing to reduce friction and enhance smooth movement.
The Magic Wand® Original - HV-260 is a popular choice across the world. It is one of those back massagers that you have probably heard about from the media because it has been around for over 30 years. Whether you are looking for a personal massage experience or if you have an aching shoulder that you want to calm, this handheld product will come in handy.
The Magic Wand® Original - HV-260 gives deep, strong vibrations that will leave you feeling pain-free. While many such products are battery-powered, this one uses an electric plug. While it isn’t cordless, it also doesn't run out of power and will be ready to work whenever you want it to. It creates firm vibrations through the massage head.
You can select one vibration from the two frequencies that the Magic Wand® Original - HV-260 Personal Hand-Held Massager offers. One is 5,000 vibrations per minute, and the other is 6,000 vibrations per minute.
The wand massager is about 12 inches long and 2 inches wide. When using the equipment while the cord is plugged in, do not dip it inside water or use it inside the shower. Also, don't let it run for over 30 minutes without switching it off and allowing it to cool for 30 minutes.
You might be unable to reach your lower back using a handheld massager. So, if you have lower backache, consider using the TheraTherm Electric Moist Heating Pads with Digital Controls. You can place it directly on the sore area, and you will experience untold relief.
The TheraTherm Electric Moist Heating Pads are more superior to their competitors because they have a heating control. The control pad allows you to manage the temperature and treatment time. The temperature ranges between 113 and 166 degrees Fahrenheit. A treatment session lasts up to 60 minutes.
The high-quality flannel case captures heat from the air. When the product's temperature rises, it releases the moisture on your back. This makes it so it speeds up relief from your achy muscles.
If you are looking for a back massager that is easy to use and unique, the TheraTherm Electric Moist Heating Pads are ideal. The manufacturer has installed an automatic shut-off valve to avert overheating. It also has a programmable memory on which you can store settings. Remember to unplug it when you aren't using it, and don't leave it unattended.
A handheld massager is the best thing that could happen to someone with a sore neck or back because you can control how to move it on the painful spots. The Thumper® Mini Pro Massager is our best pick. It has three electronically controlled speed rates: 20, 30, and 40 pulses per second. Therefore, you can set it to treat different muscle groups according to your preferences.
The Thumper® Mini Pro Massager is designed for professional healthcare use, but it can also be used at home. It is durable and robust. The handheld massager vibrates in two spheres that move up and down.
Thumper® improves blood flow, warms up muscles, and releases muscle tension. You can use it to reach the mid-back and the shoulders. Since it is only 3 pounds, you can carry it whenever you travel.
If you want a handheld massager that allows one- or two-handed use, the Thumper® Mini Pro Massager is what you need. You will also enjoy prolonged use because it has a heavy-duty DC motor and temperature overload protection. It is also easy to wipe with a wet cloth.
If you are looking for a great vibration cushion massager, look no further than this 10-Motor Massage Seat Cushion with Heat. It has 10 reliable motors that are set to handle the significant body regions: upper, middle, and lower back and the thighs. You can choose to put on the heat function or use the massager while it's cold. The heat gives a relaxing feeling on the lower back area.
Cushion massagers are ideal for people who want a wholesome back massage but cannot afford to buy a massage chair. The cushion massager has three speeds that you can switch on the hand control unit. Four programs are available in the unit. You may use one of them or the four at a go.
If you are looking for something to give you comfort and relaxation, the 10-Motor Massage Seat Cushion with Heat is your best pick. Since it is only 3 pounds, you can carry it anywhere you want. It comes with an AC adapter that you can plug into the car, home, or office.
The G5 TherAssist Percussion Massager is among the latest technologies for both respiratory and physical applications. It features digital control with a big cycle per second range. This product is best for minimizing stress, sports rehabilitation, trigger point reduction, pain relief, and deep muscle therapy. It works by dispersing lactic acid.
Anyone looking for a versatile pole massager should consider buying the G5 TherAssist Percussion Massager with Stand. The dial controls are easy to use because they have pulsation and time ranges. The device comes with a professional therapy feature that has six different applicators. You will love the fact that it has user-friendly dial controls.
The titled massage table offers the perfect mix of comfort and durability. The EarthLite® Ellora™ Vista Electric Tilt Massage Table has a heavy-duty steel frame, round corners, and a powerful motor. The motor is well covered to avoid tampering. Its design is functional and is mounted to enhance maximum force.
If you want a user-friendly product, EarthLite® Ellora™ Vista Electric Tilt Massage Table fits the bill. The wheels at the bottom and pedal make it easy to use. The table is whisper-free and convenient. It offers exceptional strength and stability. If you are looking for equipment to use in a spa, your clients will be pleased with this choice.
EarthLite® Ellora™ products are known for being aesthetically appealing, durable, and comfortable. This table is ADA-compliant for guaranteed lifelong service.
Its lift capacity is 650 pounds, and it is bariatric rated. The lift system is fully electric. If you are using it in a commercial building, it is ideal for medical-treatments and facials. The massage table has easily adjustable infinite fittings.
Features to Consider When Buying a Back Massager
- Shape: The shape of the back massager you purchase is vital since different shapes are more ideal for treating different places. When buying the device, check to see if it will get to the area where you're experiencing pain. For instance, if you have lower backaches, a handheld device isn't ideal.
- Electric/Non-electric: Determine the best option for you. Electric devices are good for high-intensity muscle pain. However, non-electric massagers are more economical and ideal for low-intensity aches. If you want a tool that you can carry with you wherever you go, make sure that it can fit on your preferred chair.
- Size : Consider the size because you need a device that fits over the problem area. Besides the coverage, find out if the massager is portable. You can't carry bulky equipment around.
- Kneading: If you have some knots on your back, you probably need a massage to work on the problem areas. In that case, go for one with a kneading function.
- Heat: Heated massagers are great for eliminating tension and pain in the muscles. However, some people don't enjoy heated massagers. Whether it has a heated feature or not, make sure you buy a device that automatically shuts down when it gets too hot. Auto-shutoff will prevent overheating.
- Shiatsu massage: The feature refers to a Japanese technique. A massager with the Shiatsu feature will feel a lot like a therapist's hands.
- Timer: A timer is a useful feature for individuals who don't like prolonged massages. When you know the time it takes to relieve pain, you can set the massager to turn off within that limit.
- Percussion: This is a massaging style that users say makes them feel like there's thundering on their backs. If you like a deep tissue massage, get a massager with this feature. If you don't like it, find a less intense device.
- Rechargeable/Non-rechargeable: A rechargeable back massager eliminates the need to have several sets of batteries on hand. It will also prevent damages and help you save money. When buying a back massager, consider a model with three-speed options to enhance flexibility.
- Vibration: Some devices have an extra vibration feature, which is something you can consider for additional relief.
Different Types of Back Massagers
- Massage chair: You can place this type of massager in your home and sit on it whenever you feel the need. Although chairs are huge investments, they are the closest you will ever get to a hands-on massage.
- Handheld: This is usually a pad or device that you can move around your body to deal with the sore areas.
- Massage cushion: This is perfect for the neck and lower backaches. You may use it whenever you are in pain and need some relief.
- Chair pad: The best part of having this pad is that you can fix it on your favorite chair. It usually hooks under the seat and along your back to cater to the whole back area.
- Belt: You can wrap a belt massager around your lower back or across your shoulders so that you can soothe the vital parts.
- TENS unit: This comes along with electrode pads that convey pulses into the skin to stimulate your nerves.
Benefits of Back Massagers
- Enhances circulation: Massaging technique boosts blood circulation. Once your muscles are relaxed, blood flows freely, and consequently, oxygen gets to all the cells.
- Relieves tension in the upper back: Stress and tension tend to build up from continual lack of mobility or excessive motion. For instance, sitting on your office chair for lengthy periods might make your back and shoulders sore. Rather than taking pills to give you temporary relief, you can consider using a massager on the upper back.
- Improves sleep: Painful and stiff muscles make it difficult for you to enjoy a full night of rest because you aren't comfortable. You could even wake up several times throughout the night when the pain increases. If you are experiencing these symptoms, consider getting a back massager to relax the sore muscles. That way, you can fall asleep profoundly and faster.
- Eliminates lower back pain: The best back massagers will relieve aches in the lower back that comes from prolonged periods of inactivity. Since they are lightweight, you can apply them to the back pain area that is sore.
- Promotes quick healing: Back massagers help to enhance your range of motion. Many people have stiff muscles after they injure muscles during sports and other outdoor activities. A good back massager can help to reduce scar tissues and stretch marks.
- Relieves discomfort during pregnancy: Expectant mothers usually complain of back pains. An effective massager will aid in relieving the discomfort that mothers experience in the lower back.
- Improves mood: Even if you aren't in pain, a good massage session will uplift your mood. Massagers stimulate the body to produce mood-boosting hormones such as dopamine, endorphins, and serotonin. The hormones can even eliminate the need for painkillers because they can avert pain related to anxiety and depression.
How Often Should You Use a Massager?
The frequency of using a massager depends on many factors, such as your physical and emotional needs. Getting a massage improves your health because it calms the nervous system and enhances blood circulation. If you are in pain, you may need to have a massage every week. Once you are in good shape, the recommended frequency would be once a month.