Vasyli Orthotic Heat Gun
- To be used with Vasyli Custom fit orthotics.
- Cannot be replaced by a hair dryer
- ***Must be purchased by a licensed healthcare professional
- Check the shoe and remove any form of thick lining or arch cushion
- Pick an orthotic that closely fits the contour of the foot (size comparison of the shoe for length).
- Be sure the distal edge of the orthotic finishes 5-10mm behind the bisection of the 1st MP
- Device should hit the very back of the shoe and ask patient to walk around. If irritations occur, use heat to mold
- May take a few days for the patient's feet to get used to the orthotic
- Place orthotic, base up, on a heat resistant surface
- Apply heat in a wave motion between the 2 sorbon inserts
- Do no concentrate the heat to one spot
- Once lettering of the Thermal Indicator disappear it ensures molding temperature has been reached (194ºF/90ºC). You have 2 minutes to mold
- Have the patient sit, and place the heated orthotic into the shoe
- Place their foot into the shoe
- Hold and palpate the foot in the neutral position. Ask the patient to stand and distribute their weight evenly with a neutral position
- Palpate the shoe and mold up into the arch area and round the heel cup. Press down in the forefoot to mold the last of the shoe
- Have the patient sit and control the neutral position until fully seated.
- Remove the orthotic and allow it to cool for 5 minutes
- If necessary, add Vasyli orthotic additions or wedges
*Note Vasyli Armstrong II has specific heating instructions. See product page for details (722 0183)